Friday, August 19, 2016

Playing with my beads...Sunflower Bracelet with Candy Beads


  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • 8mm 2-hole Candy beads "Light Blue Travertine"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Olive"

Before a huge storm came through yesterday afternoon, the sky brightened just long enough for me to FINALLY take LOTS of beadwork photos. Over the next week or so, I'll be giving you all kinds of ideas for using the new 8mm 2-hole Candy beads.

This bracelet design is from a YouTube tutorial by HoneyBeads1 and you can watch it HERE. I blogged before about some samples that I'd made HERE and HERE

The pattern calls for 8mm round beads so I thought maybe the 8mm Candy beads would also work and they do. I started to make this sample using two needles as directed by the video and decided that was too frustrating. I really don't enjoy beading that way. So, I figured out how to make it with one needle and it's so much easier than with two needles, especially with the 2-hole beads that I was using. I like the Candy beads in this bracelet even better than the round beads because they're flat on the back. Although I won't use these colors, I will make one of these bracelets for myself one of these days.

You'll find a nice selection of 8mm Candy beads at Queen City Bead on Etsy HERE.

 

2 comments:

  1. Another great bracelet idea - look forward to seeing your colour choices and other work you have to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made one last night in a different colorway. I also made three samples with 8mm druks for comparison and to to try out my one-needle method to make sure that it would work. It does work with druks with a couple of changes because of the single hole in the beads.

      Delete