Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Bracelet of the Day: Esther with Cabochons - Rose Gold


ESTHER BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)  
  • 7mm CzechMates 2-hole cabochons "Luster Opaque Rose Gold Topaz"
  • 2mm Czech pearls "Champagne"

Back when I was trying a bunch of patterns with the new 7mm CzechMates cabochons, I made a sample of my "Esther Silky Bracelet" by swapping out the Silky beads for cabochons. Although they do work, I found that the pattern only works with Toho seed beads because the 7mm cabs were created to specifically work well with Toho beads. I couldn't find a way to make Miyuki seed beads work because they're so much smaller than Toho beads. There has to be an odd number of beads around each cab. When I tried adding two more Miyuki beads to fill the space there were too many beads to fit properly. In any case, these bronze Toho beads go very nicely with the rose gold cabochons.



You can download my free bracelet "Esther Silky Bracelet" pattern from THIS post. Red Panda has the 7mm cabochons HERE.




Where to buy 2mm Czech pearls:

Aria Design Studio Etsy

ArtBeads

Aura Crystals

Beads Gone Wild

Bello Modo

Beyond Beadery

CJBeaders (UK)

Eureka Crystal Beads

Haute Hobby

Potomac Bead Company

Red Panda

Robin's Beads (UK)

Stitchncraft Beads (UK)

 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely! Where do you get the 2mm pearls, Linda? I have trouble finding even 3mm ones here (Vancouver BC).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean. Although I have seen them other places, but can't remember where, Aria Design Studio on Etsy has the best selection of them.

      Delete
    2. I just added a bunch of links to 2mm pearls.

      Delete
  2. 2 mm Czech rounds work well, too. (I tried them since I had 'em and did not have 2 mm pearls.) I'll order some pearls from Aria. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete