Sunday, March 16, 2014

Paint Shop Pro Tutorial: Lace Doily


You can download the tutorial, as well as all the necessary supplies, HERE. The tutorial will work in Paint Shop Pro versions 8 through X6 (and later). You will need to have the Super BladePro plugin. The tutorial has instructions for making the example above. There are several different "mesh" patterns included in the ZIP file as well as a few other decorative ornaments, such as the ones I used in the frame below.

Here are a couple more ideas for ways to use this technique:

 

7 comments:

  1. This looks awesome. The link no longer exists. Do you have this posted anywhere else? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Michele's site went away a few weeks ago and I forgot that I had linked some of my tutorials to her site. I do have the files and will upload them this morning. Check back in a little while.

      Delete
    2. I just updated the link to the tutorial supplies.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for getting back to be so quickly Linda. I downloaded the files and can not wait to try this. Your lace is gorgeous to say the least! Thanks Again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I fill with white it fills solid not like yours. Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What version of Paint Shop Pro are you using? Are you making the round doily or the frame? Which step results in it filling with solid white? It has been many years since I last tried this tutorial and I'm not sure if I can try it out now. I don't have Super BladePro installed on my new computer and I'm not sure how to install it or if it will work on Windows 10. I only have PSP8 installed on this computer but that shouldn't be an issue.

      Delete
    2. I just successfully installed SuperBlade Pro so let me know if you still need some help. If so, I will give the tutorial a run-through to refresh my memory.

      Delete