Thursday, July 28, 2016

Free Graphics - Before & After

In my previous life, before I learned to bead, one of my favorite computer activities was editing digital graphics. I loved to clean up vintage pictures that I found online and use them on my greeting cards.

I have three new bracelets to blog about but I haven't had a chance to take photos of them yet. In the meantime I thought you might like to see before and after examples of a couple of vintage pictures that I've fixed up. I don't remember what techniques I used to clean these up, but I did the work using Paint Shop Pro.

BEFORE

AFTER

I cropped the picture above to A2 greeting card size. A card this size will fit in an "invitation" size envelope.

I thought that this picture would make a cute jigsaw puzzle so I made one for you to play with. I made the puzzle using BrainsBreaker, which you can buy HERE, but you don't need to buy the program to do my puzzle.


Download the puzzle HERE.

Before:
BEFORE
AFTER
I used the above picture on an anniversary card a few years ago. It was actually an online greeting to a friend and her husband. The picture below is how the first page of the "card" looked in a browser. Clicking on that picture took them to the next page of the card and so on.


 

5 comments:

  1. The first picture takes me back to my childhood. My mother had drawers full of OLD patterns and pattern books. This picture could have been taken straight off one of them. My sister and I would go through her patterns for hours figuring out what fabric we would use and how we would change an old style to make it new. Thanks for the flashback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love looking through old pattern books too. I've always liked the 1920's styles but I'm not sure if I have the figure to wear them. The top part would be fine on me, but I'm a little too bottom-heavy to wear those narrow skirts.

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love! That second card could be an engagement card. :)

    ReplyDelete