Monday, May 5, 2014

Playing with my beads...


SUNFLOWER BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (11-457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (8-457D)
  • 8mm round crystals "BlacK" (from Beads One)
  • SuperDuo beads "Blue Luster"
This morning I watched HoneyBeads1's YouTube video tutorial for her "Sunflower Bracelet" which you can watch HERE. The video is very easy to follow. I was very limited in the kinds of beads I could use to make a sample. I only had four black, and a handful of one other color, of 8mm round beads. Based on the way that the seed beads fit around my 8mm beads, I think they might be a bit smaller than the pearls that she used bcause the circle of beads around mine doesn't quite fit as snug as hers. I like how it looks though so I'll buy some other round beads the next time I see a sale at Beads One. 

I made this sample today to see if I liked the look of the bracelet well enough to buy beads for it, and I do very much. It's a nice width and has a cute, but not too cutesy look. The look is a little more chunky than what I usually make but I think that it will go quite well with certain tops of mine that have bolder designs on them.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. If u use a couple less beads around the 8mm round it fits better.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for charing. You inspirate us all. I know for certen what I am going to do this evening :-)

    ReplyDelete