Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: SuperDuo Rosette Bracelet Variation

SUPERDUO ROSETTE BRACELET VARIATION
  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (15-457D)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (11-457D)
  • 3mm druks "Bronze Antique" (Nirvana Beads)
  • SuperDuo beads "Metallic Suede Gold"
This is the other bracelet that I told you about yesterday (see yesterday's post for the changes I made to the pattern). It's the same pattern but this time I used smaller, shiny metallic seed beads instead of matte ones for a little different look. This version looks more like Sam Wescott's original pattern but with the netting tacked down to keep it from shifting around. I didn't get the nice rounded netting that I would have gotten by following the patter, but I think it still looks very nice this way. The effect is just a little more compact-looking. I will have to re-make this one though because it's a little snug. Adding another motif will make it too long so I'll just use a different clasp and/or maybe make the loops slightly longer. I didn't have this problem with the bracelet that I posted yesterday because the 8/0 seed beads between the motifs added some extra space. Plus, I used quite a long clasp on that one. I like to use those oblong filigree clasps with this pattern because the shape compliments the shape of the motifs quite well.

The "Bronze Antique" druks that I used are actually a very dark green with a speckled "antique" finish on them. If you can't find that color, I think that "Jet Black Picasso" druks would look very similar and would go fine with the SuperDuo color.

You can buy Sam's pattern in her Etsy shop HERE.


NOTE: If you read yesterday's post before I fixed my typos, I had the wrong bead sizes given for my tweaks and I forgot to mention something. Everything should be correct now.

There's one other thing that I should mention and it's something I do with most of my beadwork. I recommend going back around through all of the netting a second time before knotting and cutting your thread. This will snug up any loose beads.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment