Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Playing with my beads...

Here's another Sunflower Bracelet sample that I made last night from HoneyBeads1's YouTube video tutorial. I stopped at Beads One yesterday to get some 8mm pearls, since I didn't have any that size, just to make this pattern. As you can see, the seed beads DO fit more nicely around the pearls than they did around the black crystals that I used in my previous sample. I'm not sure if I'm keen on the look of the matte seed beads so I might try this one again with shiny "Dark Bronze" beads. I had a tough time choosing a color in the shop because I didn't know which ones would go with the SuperDuos that I've got. I played it safe and got bronze ones.

  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Brown Bronze Matte" (11-457P)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Brown Bronze Matte" (8-457P)
  • 8mm pearls "Antique Brass" (Beads One)
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Violet White Luster"

10 comments:

  1. my two cents: I like the matte beads- nice contrast with the shiny pearls. I used charlottes in mine and I think both the "8's" and "11's" were slightly off size. This one looks very nicely fitted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my thinking, Dolly, about the matte beads with the shiny pearls and SuperDuos. I was going to ask you if you'd used charlottes. I saw a few flat spots on them but wasn't sure if they were just a trick of the camera.

    Here's a link to Dolly's bracelet if you'd like to see what we're talking about: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/389139224025241265/

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes- I tried to get that pewter color locally and the charlottes were all I could find until I splurged on my birthday and ordered a bunch of Miykis from Charlene. I am very happy to have them now- all matching 15's and 11's :)

    I have been a member of an online fiber forum for many years- I am a lapsed quilter- and a friend in the forum sent me a boatload of beading magazines that arrived today- what a treat! Just settling down now to peruse a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like great fun! Those magazines are awfully expensive to buy and might only have one pattern that I would actually make. You're so lucky. Of course you can also get a lot of great ideas from the beadwork even if you wouldn't make the projects.

      Delete
  4. colors look good to me, good enough to copy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for publishing your work, it has saved me so much time, when i get a camera i will post mine too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did this bracelet with 6mm beads and 11/0 seed beads. It worked very well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen in later blogs that you used a flat 2-hole centre bead and only one needle. Can I find printed instructions for the 2-hole , one needle version, or do I have to just try to figure it out from the original video?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I'd love to share how I did that, I can't because it's someone else's design. Sorry.

      Delete