Sunday, August 21, 2016

Playing with my Beads...Sandra Silky with Candy Beads

I've blogged about my adaptation of Norma Jean Dell's "Lattice Gates Bracelet" pattern many times. I normally used Silky beads but you can see that 8mm Candy beads work great too. For one of my samples below, I tried some of those smooth SuperDuo beads that just happened to be exactly the same color as the Candy beads and they work just as well as the regular tapered kind. You'll find these smooth SuperDuos at Red Panda HERE.


  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Galvanized Carnival" (513)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Galvanized Carnival" (513)
  • 8mm 2-hole Candy beads "Matte Golden Olive"
  • SuperDuo beads "Matte Golden Olive"



  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Galvanized Carnival" (513)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Galvanized Carnival" (513)
  • 8mm 2-hole Candy beads "Matte Golden Olive"
  • SuperDuo beads "Chalk Lazure Red"



  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8mm 2-hole Candy beads "Light Blue Travertine"
  • SuperDuo beads "Yellow Dark Travertin"



  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Nickel Plated" (711)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Nickel Plated" (711)
  • 8mm 2-hole Candy beads "Montana Blue"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Violet White Luster"

You'll find these 8mm Candy beads at Queen City Bead on Etsy HERE. You can buy Norma Jean Dell's original "Lattice Gates Bracelet" pattern on Etsy HERE.

 

5 comments:

  1. You always make( and I'm very new to beading but have recently been following all your samples) such great color choices that make someone want to buy these patterns (I have bought 3) all because you put such great combinations together. Keep up the good work, thank you for your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that I've inspired you to do more beading, Melinda.

      Delete
  2. Lol sometimes I really worry about myself. I've been watching all the bracelets you have been making with the candies. In my head I am seeing the candy beads in the 1 inch range and thinking that I really don't like them cause I go for more dainty jewlery. I finally looked at the size of the bead and realized it is only 8mm. Now I have gone back through and looked at all of your posts with them and I am in love. I should have known better as I love your style. Next time I will pay closer attention, sooner. :-0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're smaller than I was expecting too. They're actually quite tiny and they make the 6mm 2-hole cabochons seem itsy bitsy in comparison.

      Delete