Monday, August 1, 2016

Bracelet of the Day: Presa Linda Variation - Hematite & Orchid



PRESA LINDA BRACELET VARIATION
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Hematite" (81)
  • 15/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Hematite" (81)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Hematite" (81)
  • 6mm 2-Hole Cabochons "Alabaster #29425"
  • Pinch beads "Polychrome Orchid Aqua"

Here is "Presa Linda" again with 2-Hole Cabochons in another colorway. I love the dusty purple color with the dark blue hematite seed beads. The "Polychrome Orchid Aqua" Pinch beads tie the two colors together nicely. Because I used Toho seed beads, I had to use five 15/0 beads around the cabs, instead of four 11/0 beads, because they fit better.

The cabochons that I used don't have a color name so I've listed them by their color number. I got mine from Red Panda HERE. In reality, they aren't nearly as bluish-purple as they look in the photo at Red Panda. They are a slightly more pinkish purple. The finish on them is matte metallic.


"Presa Linda" is a variation of Carole Ohl's "Presa Bracelet" pattern, which you can buy HERE. "Presa Linda Bracelet" is a free pattern and you can download it from THIS post.



3 comments:

  1. I love this one too. Beautiful colours and your beading is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I bought my metallic hematite seed beads they looked more metallic blue then anything else, and I bought different sizes from different companies, but still the same metallic blue color. I know sometimes in the photo the beads will look metallic black but have that metallic blue look in real life. Do yours look metallic blue as well or are they more of a metallic black? I know sometimes the color can vary from batch to batch so I'm just curious if I got an off-color on my batch or if they always have that metallic blue look to them. Because yours don't look like that on my screen, but then again neither did the beads I bought till I got them in the mail. Oh and btw, I love all your work, you really are creative! Thank you for always sharing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not obvious in my photos but the seed beads are definitely dark blue as hematite usually is. I like this color because you get a hint of blue yet they still look metallic.

      Delete