Sunday, August 14, 2016

Free Graphics - Ladies & Lace Series


This is the first in a series of graphics that I made for an "altered art" calendar. The calendar featured Victorian and Edwardian women on distressed lacy backgrounds.

Feel free to use my pictures to make greeting cards, computer desktop wallpaper, calendars or scrapbook pages, etc. but please do not sell them or post them for download.

I got some new beads in the mail yesterday and I'm hoping to have a chance to play with them today. They're Czech 2-hole Candy Beads. They are very similar to the 2-Hole Cabochons that I've blogged about before but they're 8mm in diameter instead of 6mm. They're also more rounded on the edges than the 6mm cabs. I don't know of any patterns for them so I'm going to try adapting some existing patterns to see if they will work. I got the beads from Queen City Bead on Etsy if you want to check them out. 


Here is what they look like:

8mm 2-hole Candy Beads

Here is a photo of some 6mm 2-Hole Cabochons for comparison:

6mm 2-Hole Cabochons

 

2 comments:

  1. I love Candy beads! I bought my first batch two weeks or so ago and have already ordered more.
    I can't wait to see what designs you come up with for them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got lots of good ideas for using them in existing patterns while we wait for designers to create patterns specifically for the Candy beads.

      Delete