Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Bracelet of the Day: Sunflower Bracelet - Pastel Bordeaux


  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8mm 2-hole Candy beads "Pastel Bordeaux"
  • SuperDuo beads "Polychrome Orchid Aqua"

This bracelet has been adapted from a YouTube tutorial by HoneyBeads which you can watch HERE. I made mine with one needle instead of two and used 8mm Candy beads instead of 8mm round beads. The results are even nicer with Candy beads than with round beads because they're flat on the back. 



If you look very closely at the sample that I blogged about HERE, you'll see that the thread shows a little where the SuperDuos are connected to the round bead motifs. I had done that step as directed by the video by going through the second seed bead after the center one that connects the SuperDuo motif with the round bead motif. When I made today's bracelet, I got the crazy idea to try connecting the SuperDuos from the first seed bead after that center one and it works just as well and leaves no thread showing. That's how I will make these bracelets from now on and that's what I did with the three samples below too.


I wanted to try out my one-needle method using regular 8mm round beads so I made three samples. My method does work but I did needed to change a couple of things because of the beads only having one hole.


  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • 8mm round beads "Tangerine" (Chinese)
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque White Full Apricot"



  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • 8mm druks "Matte Bronze"
  • SuperDuo beads "Light Blue Senegal"  



  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8mm druks "Matte Milky Caramel"
  • SuperDuo beads "Chocolate White Luster"

I also made one more sample with Candy beads:



  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8mm 2-hole Candy beads "Chalk Lumi Green
  • SuperDuo beads "Blue Turquoise Bronze Picasso"
  • 3mm bicones "Green AB" (Chinese)

You'll find a nice selection of 8mm Candy beads at Queen City Bead on Etsy HERE. I found the "Light Blue Senegal" SuperDuo beads at Aura Crystals, HERE. I got the "Matte Milky Caramel" druks on clearance and I don't know if they're available anywhere. I've forgotten where I got the "Matte Bronze" ones but I've seen them around online.


 






2 comments:

  1. Very nice. I like this and will be trying it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Have tried it and very pleased with the result. Will definitely try other color ways.

    ReplyDelete