Sunday, August 7, 2016

Update: Bracelet Samples

As I mentioned in my post earlier today, I thought it would be nice to make a bracelet to go with today's "Belle of the Ball" earrings. So, I browsed through my bracelet patterns this afternoon and picked out a bunch to try. One of the first ones that I'd added to the pile was Deborah Roberti's "Eclipse Bracelet". It's made with the right sizes of beads in colors that I have to match the earrings. It also goes easy on the number of beads which is good because I'm running kind of low on some of the colors.

I made an "Eclipse" sample first and knew right away that I'd choose that pattern. Except for one other pattern, none of the others had the look that I was going for. That other pattern is one that I bought a while ago but hadn't tried yet. It's called "Buttercup Bracelet" and I bought it on Etsy HERE. It's very pretty and I look forward to making it in other colorways. I think it's a little bit large for the delicate earrings. Plus, I think that the 8mm druks that I used in the centers of the motifs look a little too pale and they look slightly more blue than greenish. I might have considered making that pattern if I had some 8mm "Turquoise Luster" druks but I don't. I'm not too disappointed though because "Eclipse" is one of my all-time favorite bracelet patterns. You can buy Deb's pattern at Around the Beading Table HERE.

I don't have any 3mm druks in turquoise luster so I used 8/0 seed beads between the motifs in my sample. After making the sample, I remembered that I have a few 3mm 24kt gold plated druks that I'd bought to make a bracelet for someone. I don't have enough of them left over to make much of anything but I've got more than enough to use between the "Eclipse" motifs. I think they will fill that gap a little more nicely than the 8/0 seed beads and they're almost exactly the same gold color as the seed beads.



BUTTERCUP SAMPLE:

  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Gold" (4202)
  • SuperDuo beads "Chalk Vega aka Opaque Amethyst Luster"
  • 8mm druks "Aqua" (probably Chinese)
  • 4mm druks "Opaque Turquoise Luster"

ECLIPSE SAMPLE:

  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Gold" (4202)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Gold" (4202)
  • SuperDuo beads "Chalk Vega aka Opaque Amethyst Luster"
  • 4mm druks "Fiesta Hollyhock"
  • 4mm druks "Opaque Turquoise Luster"
  • 3mm druks "24kt Gold Plated" (not shown)
 

1 comment:

  1. Again great to see your experiments with colour - this is a good combination. Thanks also for links to patterns

    ReplyDelete