Saturday, August 27, 2016

Playing with my Beads...Duo Kheops Variation with Candy Beads

When I first got the 8mm Candy beads, I searched online for patterns for them. Alas, I wasn't able to find any which is what inspired me to try working them into existing patterns. Although I didn't find any patterns, I did find a bracelet for sale on Etsy that was made with the Candy beads. You can see it HERE. It appears to be an adaptation of the "Duo Kheops Bracelet" pattern by Marina Beads. If you have that pattern, you should be able to easily replace the Kheops beads with Candy beads it by looking at my photos. This version has 8/0 seed beads between the SuperDuos instead of 11/0 beads and you simply add three 11/0's above and below the Candy bead.


  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Galvanized Carnival" (513)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Galvanized Carnival" (513)
  • 8mm 2-hole Candy beads "Matte Golden Olive"
  • SuperDuo beads "Turquoise Blue Picasso"


  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8mm 2-hole Candy beads "Chalk Lumi Green"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Violet White Luster"


  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • 8mm 2-hole Candy beads "Montana Blue"
  • SuperDuo beads "Pearl Coat Brown Sugar"

You'll find these 8mm Candy beads at Queen City Bead on Etsy HERE. You can buy the original "Duo Kheops" pattern on Etsy HERE.

 

3 comments:

  1. Another version of this pattern is posted on Youtube > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi85Mx0CGvw
    Although the video is in Russian, the video is well made and easy to follow. Beads used in the pattern are posted in the dropdown. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mel. Thanks for the video link. I compared the video photo with the bracelet that I made and it's very similar but not exactly the same.

      Delete