Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Metallic Seed Beads - Beadwork Examples

Yesterday I blogged HERE about metallic seed beads and showed you sample swatches of the colors that I use the most. Today I am posting examples of bracelets that I've made using each color. There is only one seed bead color that I haven't used to make a bracelet and that is Miyuki's Duracoat Dark Gold (4203).

Miyuki/Czech - Crystal Full Labrador (CZ27000)


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.

Miyuki - Nickel Plated (190)


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.

Toho - Nickel Plated (711)


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.

Miyuki - Duracoat Silver (4201)


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.

Miyuki - Duracoat Light Pewter (4221)


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.

Miyuki - Duracoat Pewter (4222)


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.

Miyuki/Czech Aztec Gold (55127)


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.

Toho - Galvanized Starlight (557PF)


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.

Miyuki - Duracoat Gold (4202)


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.

Toho - Metallic Bronze Antique Gold (225)


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.

Toho - Antique Bronze (223)


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.

Toho - Bronze (221)


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.

Miyuki - Light Bronze (457L)


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.

Miyuki - Dark Bronze (457)


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.

Miyuki - Metallic Chocolate (461)


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.

Miyuki/Czech Black Bronze (CZ55030)


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.

Miyuki/Czech - Vintage Copper (01770)


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.

Toho - Metallic Potter's Clay (YPS0019)


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.

Toho - Transparent Montana Gold Luster (204)


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.

Toho - Metallic Hematite (81)


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.



Click HERE to read about this bracelet.

Miyuki - Metallic Gunmetal (451)


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.


Click HERE to read about this bracelet.

7 comments:

  1. This and yesterday's posts are so helpful. I have a lot of metallic beads and like including a bit in my projects. I'm not always sure which to use. They look a bit different in the bag compared to in a project. I think I'm going to make some of those sample swatches like you shared yesterday. Great way to see how they work up into a project. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that my posts are helpful. Thanks for your nice comment, Michelle.

      Delete
  2. I don't necessarily include metallic beads in every project, but your posts are making me think about having the same exact color in three different sizes, which definitely seems valuable, so I am starting to place some orders (with a spreadsheet to keep track of what is coming; I had like $50 credit at Artbeads so I started there while they were having a sale yesterday).

    I am avoiding nickel, though. Although I like the color I wonder if the finish would activate my metal allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, you've got me thinking a lot about my use of metallics lately. Silver, pewter and bronze are my go-tos and I adore copper and hematite. I love Toho's Dark Bronze because it's a warm dark coppery color. I'm also partial to a (very) few metallic colors like chocolate, dark mauve, amethyst gun metal, and pale dogwood.

    I don't use gold tones much but during a recent Fusion Beads sale I picked up some new (to me anyway) gold and bronze Tohos to try out: Old Gold, Medal Bronze, Almond, and Golden Fleece. Time to make up some samples and try something different!

    Thanks for another great post.
    Barbara H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara. I've never heard of any of those Toho colors. Do you have the color numbers for them? I'm wondering if they also go by different names depending on who is selling them.

      Delete
  4. Sure, Linda! The Dark Mauve I mentioned is actually Miyuki, but here are the Tohos:

    Dark Bronze #222
    Metallic Amethyst Gun Metal #90
    Metallic Pale Dogwood Hybrid #YPS0076 (satin finish)
    Old Gold #PF591
    Golden Fleece #PF592
    Almond #PF593
    Medal Bronze #PF594
    (Miyuki) Dark Mauve #4213

    Some I've picked up locally here in Oregon, others from Fusion Beads, Lima Beads, Supply Emporium, Artbeads, etc. I noticed Charlene has some of the gold/bronze beads on her site flagged *new* so maybe they haven't been around long. I also noticed what she calls Dark Copper is what the others call Dark Bronze #222. Otherwise, most seem to use the same names.

    Barbara H.

    ReplyDelete