Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Dicey Diamonds Bracelet Variation


Back in 2013 I got a pattern from Etsy called "Dicey Diamonds" by Jenn Schwartzenberger and Susan Schwartzenberger. Their old Etsy shop has closed now and this pattern isn't available in their new Stony Creek Bead Store which you can visit HERE. Below is the bracelet photo that is on the pattern:


When I first got the pattern, I made the sample below to try it out. Although I loved the shape of the motifs, I was very unhappy that the thread and the holes in the SuperDuos showed along the outer edges. For that reason, I never did make a bracelet with that pattern.


The other day I dug out the pattern and decided to see if I could find a way to keep the basic look of the bracelet but cover up the open SuperDuo holes. I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out. I don't know if I will ever post a pattern for my version because it's a little complicated to make and there are 54 steps in my instructions. Making diagrams for this pattern would be an awful lot of work too.


Because the motifs are so big, it's tricky sizing this bracelet. Lucky for me, four motifs, plus the little druk motifs in between them, fit my 6-inch wrist just right. Unlucky for me, four motifs put the little druk connector right in the center of my bracelet. That's not really too much of a problem though because I can just turn the bracelet a little to center one of the large motifs on my wrist.


I plan to make one more colorway today and I'll make it with five motifs so that I can see what size wrist it will fit but I estimate that it will fit a 7 1/2 to 8 inch wrist size. To make the bracelet fit a size in between might require some tweaking by removing a couple of the druk connectors or something. I will let you know my results after I've made the longer bracelet.

Here are two little colorway samples that I've decided not to make into bracelets:


LEFT SAMPLE:
  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • 4mm druks "Pastel Brown Sugar"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Violet Picasso"

RIGHT SAMPLE:

  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki/Czech hybrid "Black Bronze" (CZ55030)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki/Czech hybrid "Black Bronze" (CZ55030)
  • 4mm druks "Saturated Metallic Autumn Maple"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Violet Dark Travertin"

  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 4mm druks "Opaque Turquoise Picasso"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Brown"




  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Nickel Plated" (190)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Nickel Plated" (190)
  • 4mm druks "Matte Dusty Lilac"
  • SuperDuo beads "Pink Luster Turquoise"





 

5 comments:

  1. I bought that pattern too but never made it for the same reason. Thanks for posting this one..... I might try it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I changed the thread path a little for my version. I also added a single 15/0 bead on the outside of some of the SuperDuos and used them to secure the netting as I added it.

      Delete
  2. Hello I would love to make this but I can't find the pattern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I mentioned in my post, this pattern doesn't appear to be available anymore.

      Delete