Thursday, September 20, 2018

Dicey Diamonds Bracelet Variation - Turquoise Picasso


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 4mm druks "Opaque Medium Beige"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Turquoise Picasso"

Read my previous post HERE about the origin of this pattern. I mentioned in that post that I was going to make one more colorway and that I would make it with five motifs. The bracelet comes out very long with five motifs. I tried it on a number of wrist sizes ranging from a 7 1/2-inch wrist to an 8-inch wrist. It's a little too loose on a 7 1/2-inch wrist and slightly snug on 8-inch. It fit the best on a 7 3/4-inch wrist size. The bracelet actually measures 8 1/4 inches long with the clasp and one jump ring on each end. With another jump ring added to each end, it would probably fit an 8-inch wrist. My four motif bracelets measure 6 3/4 inches long and fit my 6-inch wrist nicely.


In the photo below of the bracelet on my wrist, I have a lot of excess bracelet tucked under my arm. It almost fits my wrist twice (slight exaggeration). To give you an idea of what I do to get my bracelet photos, with this one I had to keep my left arm very still so that none of the excess bracelet would show. At the same time I had to pick up my camera, turn it on and snap about four or five photos with only my right hand. Keeping the camera steady is pretty tricky while holding it with one hand too.



 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely. I wonder how the pattern would work with mini duos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of trying them. I suppose I'd have to use 3mm druks instead of 4mm. Maybe I'll give them a try today. Thanks for the idea, Jeanie.

      Delete
  2. My thought exactly! Since my wrist is larger than 6 in. but nowhere near 8 in. I'd have to do some kind of modification to make it work. So will 15-0 seed beads be in order then, too? I'll be interested to see the results your experiment, if you give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since the larger version is made with 15/0 seed beads, the mini version is too. I'll be blogging about it on Saturday.

      Delete