Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Bisaneta Bracelet & Russian Leaf Earrings - Copper & Turquoise


BISANETA BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki/Czech "Vintage Copper" (55003)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki/Czech "Vintage Copper" (55003)
  • GemDuo beads "Copper Splash Turquoise"
  • SuperDuo beads "Bronze Copper"


This bracelet is based on one that was designed by someone named Bisaneta and you can see her original bracelet HERE on Facebook. There is no pattern that I know of but there is a YouTube video tutorial HERE for a very similar bracelet called "Bardot". The main difference is the placement of the netting along the outer edge. I actually left off the netting this time because I don't have these copper seed beads in 15/0. I also wanted a simpler look to go better with the earrings.



RUSSIAN LEAF EARRINGS
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads "Galvanized Cinnamon Brown" (DB460)
  • 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads "Matte Copper Plated" (DB340)
  • 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads "Matte Opaque Sea Foam Glazed Luster" (DB374)


I made the "Russian Leaf" earrings first then decided that I really needed a matching bracelet. Although the bead colors aren't exactly the same, I think they're close enough to call this a set. I like that the diamond shape of the GemDuos echoes the diamond design on the earrings.


In THIS post from last week, I showed you the sample earring on the far left in the photo above. I mentioned that I thought that the bottom point needed some work because there were too many turquoise beads there. The sample in the middle was my next attempt to fix this. While it looks better, it's still not quite right. Finally, it dawned on me that there should be a diamond shape at the bottom like you see on today's earring on the far right. I will post the color chart and a PDF for these earrings as soon as I have a chance to type up the steps.




I got the GemDuo beads HERE from Queen City Bead on Etsy. I found these copper SuperDuos at Hobby Lobby. The copper seed beads are from Potomac Beads.
You can buy Delica beads at Red Panda, Aura Crystals, Supply Emporium and Jill Wiseman Designs. 
 


2 comments: