Saturday, January 7, 2017

Bracelet of the Day: Bubble Band - Mint Picasso


BUBBLE BAND
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 6mm 2-hole cabochons "Aztec Gold"
  • 3mm druks "Aztec Gold"
  • 3mm druks "Mint Picasso"
  • Pinch beads "Mint Turquoise Picasso"


I recently bought some unusual Pinch bead colors from The Bead Obsession. Jamie has Pinch beads, fire polished beads and druks in unusual colors that I haven't seen anywhere else so I recommend checking out her site.

When I saw how pretty these Pinch beads were, I got the idea to try making Deb Roberti's "Bubble Bands" pattern using Pinch beads and they worked very well. I just happened to have some 3mm mint green Picasso druks in the same color as the Pinch beads and I also have 2-hole cabochons and 3mm druks in Aztec Gold.


After a few experiments, I found that adding 3mm druks between the Pinch beads looked nicer than the 11/0 seed beads that the pattern calls for. As a bonus, the combination of Pinch beads and 3mm druks made the bracelet longer than usual so I only needed to use five 2-hole cabochons instead of six to fit my 6-inch wrist. So, this is a very economical bracelet to make because it uses very few beads.

You can buy the bracelet pattern HERE.


I made one more "Bubble Band" with Pinch beads and will blog about it tomorrow. I'm going to make a third colorway but did't have quite enough of the color that I wanted to use. I ordered some more from The Bead Obsession and will make that bracelet as soon as I have a chance. It's a gorgeous mixture of three Pinch bead colors. I only wanted to use one of the colors in the bracelet but I was short by just a few beads.

These are the Pinch bead colors that I got from The Bead Obsession:









 

No comments:

Post a Comment