I blogged about the earring sample below a few days ago HERE. I made that one according to Kelly's instructions in her video as far as the number of beads that I used. I wondered what would happen if I changed the number of beads in the center hole and the number of "V's" in each corner. Below are two examples where I changed the number of beads in both places. You can see that doing this can completely change the look of the earring. I made one more variation and liked it so well that I made a complete pair of earrings that way. I'll show you that pair of earrings another day.
You can watch Kelly Dale's YouTube tutorial HERE.
- 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
- 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads "Metallic Bronze" (DB22)
- 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads "Opaque Antique Rose" (DB1376)
For this sample earring, I reduced the number of beads in the center hole to seven per side and added one more "V" in each of the corners. I used the chocolate bead at the top because the bronze Delicas that I used are an odd-looking dye lot that looks more like metallic chocolate than the normal dark bronze color. It looks as if they forgot to add any yellow to the finish to make it look bronze.
- 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Pewter" (4222)
- 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads "Duracoat Galvanized Pewter" (DB1852)
- 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads "Duracoat Dyed Opaque Eucalyptus" (DB2131)
For this sample, I made the center hole really small by using only five beads on each side and made six "V's" on each corner. These "Eucalyptus" Delicas are a beautiful color but I couldn't get the color quite right in my photo. It's not quite turquoise and not quite teal.