Sunday, January 22, 2017

3D Peyote Triangle Earrings - Cactus & Bronze


3D PEYOTE TRIANGLE EARRINGS
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads "Metallic Light Bronze" (DB22L)
  • 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads "Duracoat Dyed Opaque Cactus" (DB2124)

I made this pair of earrings using the third variation that I mentioned in yesterday's post. This time I used five Delicas on each side of the inside hole and made five "V's" in the corners. To jazz them up a bit, I added an inside and outside border of bronze seed beads.



You can watch Kelly's video HERE.
You can buy Delica beads at Red Panda, Aura Crystals, Supply Emporium and Baubles & Beads.
 
It may be only a matter of time before I will no longer have a camera to take my beadwork photos. The latch that holds the battery in place has broken again so the old work-around that my husband came up a while back with no longer keeps it closed. Now I have to put a very tight rubber band around the camera to hold the door closed so that the battery makes proper contact. It's still slightly open but I was able to take photos with it yesterday. I don't know what I will do when that trick no longer works because I can't afford to buy another nice camera like the one I have.


 

3 comments:

  1. I love these earrings!!! I would love to make them with both gold and sliver accents. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the small hole in the center! it begs to be filled with...something....
    a bicone isn't the right shape...not sure what would "fit"!

    ReplyDelete