Thursday, March 13, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: Nouveau SuperDuo Chain - White Picasso

NOUVEAU SUPERDUO CHAIN
  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (15-457D)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (11-457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (8-457D)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Silver-Lined Frosted Amethyst" (TR-11-28CF/c)
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque White Picasso"
This is another example of a bracelet that was adapted from the Nouveau SuperDuo Chain necklace pattern. My friend, Teejay, sent me this one for Christmas. You can buy the pattern from Jewelry Tales, HERE, for $5.00.


The clasp loops have been changed from the original pattern. 8/0 seed beads were added on the ends to allow for jump rings to be inserted. This allows for the size to be adjustable by adding a small length of jump ring "chain". Here is a close-up of the clasp loop:


5 comments:

  1. This pattern is my most favorite pattern so far and your color combo is stunning. T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have to laugh! I have been admiring this bracelet but didn't know where you got the pattern. When you posted the link, I discovered that I had already purchased the pattern! Just didn't recognize it as a bracelet! Very inventive adaptation, I must say! I am looking forward to making this bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that sort of thing all the time. I often adapt bracelet patterns as earrings and necklaces as bracelets. This one makes a very nice bracelet. I did leave out the sections of seed beads between the main motifs because the motifs would be too spread out. I've actually tweaked the pattern a bit too. My thread path is a little different than Cynthia's.

      Delete
    2. Jeanie, if you send me an email, I will send you a PDF file with my tweaks. I don't have my email address posted here but you can get it from my recipe site here: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/email.html. I can't post my changes here but, since you've bought the pattern, I think it should be OK to share them with you. A couple of problems that I was having with Cynthia's method are that the motifs came out a little loose and it was a bit fiddly trying to hold everything together while adding beads to each motif the way she says to do it. I found a way around both of those issues and I also skipped the sections with the fire polished beads between the motifs for making the pattern into a bracelet.

      Delete