Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: Mingles Tweak #2 - Olive

MINGLES TWEAK #2
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (11-457D)
  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (15-9457D)
  • 4mm druks "Hurricane Glass Matte Light Olive/Red" (BCP-74203)
This is another one of my variations of Sabine Lippert's free "Mingles" pattern. You can download her pattern HERE. This is a very simple bracelet but it's one of my favorites. The funny thing is that I've made a couple of these for gifts and still haven't made one for myself. I do have the beads set aside though.

I originally bought the druks from Beadaholique but I bought more of them recently from Aura Crystals and there they go by the name "Matte Hurricane Lace Lichen" (PR4-05670H).


UPDATE: As I mentioned in the comments, I changed the way the motifs are connected because Sabine's method was giving me trouble. Maybe I should give hers another try now that I'm more experienced with my beading. Here is my sample made according to the pattern:
Here is the same combination of beads using my method:

8 comments:

  1. Very nice! I downloaded this pattern a couple of months ago but haven't gotten around to making the bracelet. Now, I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did change the pattern a bit. The seed bead connections between the druks aren't the same as Sabine's. I tried making them her way but they always looked uneven and messy so I came up with the diamond motif instead. I found some photos of my early experiments and will post them as an update above in my post.

      Delete
    2. would love to know the diamond motif bracelet you made...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. There is no pattern to download. It's my own tweak of the "Mingles" pattern.

      Delete
  3. If you are meaning how to download the original pattern..you have to first choose which language then download...it took me a minute to try and figure it out also...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda I would like to know how you did your tweak
    Can I purchase instructions? Thank you
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry but I haven't had a chance to type up the instructions for my version yet.

      Delete