Thursday, March 6, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: Fun Floral Bracelet Variation

FUN FLORAL BRACELET VARIATION
  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Olivine" (15-458)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Olivine" (11-458)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (8-457D)
  • SuperDuo beads "White Senegal Brwon Purple"
This is my bracelet adaptation of Kelly Dale's "Fun Floral Necklace" tutorial. You can watch the video tutorial HERE or buy the pattern for $4.00 from her "Off the Beaded Path" site HERE. I liked Kelly's flower motif and the cute chain links but I thought it would look odd to put such a small link in between each flower for a bracelet. The flowers are a bit too large for that. So, I added some netting that tapers the flowers more gradually down to the links. Here's one of the samples I made before coming up with the netting idea:


I think that this bracelet looks best with five motifs so that there is one in the center. That means that the length might need to be extended in some way for larger sizes. You could add extra "links" on the ends or add a length of jump ring "chain" and a lobster claw clasp.

1 comment:

  1. I love the netting you added! Pretty colors also.

    ReplyDelete