Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: Duo Bobble Band Variation - Mint Chocolate

DUO BOBBLE BAND VARIATION - MINT CHOCOLATE
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (11-461)
  • SuperDuo beads "Chocolate Bronze"
  • 3mm druks "Mint Picasso" (Nirvana Beads)
While making one of my favorite bracelet patterns, I decided that I didn't like how the pale mint druks looked along the edge with all of the dark "chocolate" seed beads. They sort of disappeared and all I could see were the dark seed beads. So, I thought I'd try adding some netting between the motifs and I was pleased with the result.

Here you can see how the pattern looks without the netting:



I went through each trio of 11/0 seed beads along the edge and added three more seed beads between them. That was just right for this combination of beads but it might take more with different beads depending on how much space there is between the motifs.



No comments:

Post a Comment