TWEAKED JOLIE BAND
- 15/0 seed beads Toho "Galvanized Carnival" (513)
- 11/0 seed beads Toho "Galvanized Carnival" (513)
- 8/0 seed beads Toho "Galvanized Carnival" (513)
- 6mm 2-hole cabochons "Alabaster Pastel Bordeaux"
- Arcos® par Puca® beads "Full Dorado"
- Minos® par Puca® beads "Pastel Bordeaux"
- MiniDuo beads "Polished Brass"
I really wanted to use these gold Arcos and Minos beads and the only remotely similar seed bead color happens to be made by Toho. Luckily, they actually fit this time without any tweaking. It's very frustrating that neither of the major seed bead manufacturers make seed beads in this popular gold metallic color called "Full Dorado". Lots of Czech beads come in this color so what are we supposed to use for seed beads? Toho and Miyuki need to get on the ball when it comes to metallic seed bead colors to match the metallic colors of Czech beads. I don't like it that I have to pick and choose the gold beads out of this "carnival" mix and all of the pinkish copper colored beads just go to waste. Naturally this color is also one of the more expensive colors to buy.
Download Deborah Roberti's free "Linda's Tweaked Jolie Band" pattern from Around the Beading Table HERE. You can get the Arcos® par Puca® and Minos® par Puca® beads at QueenCityBead on Etsy. Red Panda has a good assortment of Arcos and Minos as well as 2-hole cabochons.