Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Crescent Link Bracelet - Celadon Blue & Khaki


CRESCENT LINK BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • 6mm Czech 2-hole tile beads "Celadon Blue Halo"
  • Crescent beads "Saturated Metallic Khaki"

This is Deb Roberti's new free pattern and you can download it HERE at Around the Beading Table. If you're like me, and have a stash of Crescent beads that you don't know what to do with, this is just the thing. This bracelet is very pretty in a quirky sort of way. I think it has a Steampunk-ish look about it. I had hoped to be able to combine two Crescent bead colors like Deb did in her example photos but none of the colors that I have go well with each other. I really like this colorway though so I can't complain. I have made two more of these bracelets in other colorways but I probably won't be able to take photos of them until Saturday or Sunday when the sun returns.


Unfortunately, the site where I got these 2-hole tile beads no longer sells them and I can't find them anywhere else. I also think that the color name is wrong. I think they are "Halo Ethereal Shadows" but CzechMates brand tiles don't come in that color. They only come in the transparent "Halo" colors and the "Halo Ethereal" ones are opaque. They're such a pretty soft blue color and I'm very sorry that I can't suggest a place to buy them. I even checked several bead supplier sites with no luck.


If you need to buy some Crescent beads, I have a list of sources HERE.


 

3 comments:

  1. What a brilliant use of crescent beads! The crescent/seed bead component in pewter looks like an antique. I must try this right away, and I'm already thinking I need to try it with a 2-hole cab in place of the tile as well...

    Cheers!
    Barbara H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that the 2-hole cabochons might be a little small. One of the bracelets that I'm waiting to take photos of was made with 8mm Candy beads instead of the tiles. They're a better match to the size of the Crescent motifs, I think.

      Delete
  2. By the time I made it into the studio I was already wondering about cabs versus Candy beads. I was so excited by this design I pulled beads to make samples of both ways before I even looked at the pattern! In a subdued finish I like the cabs because they highlight the Crescent motif as the star of the bracelet. But the scale of the Candy bead works better in a picasso or travertine, at least based on the beads I happen to have on hand. Deb's samples are quite fun with the bold colors she used. I like the vintage feel from the pewter you used. Can't wait to see your other bracelets. -Barb

    ReplyDelete