Saturday, July 7, 2018

Playing with my beads...Russian Leaf Samples


LEFT EARRING:
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • 11/0 Delica beads "Duracoat Galvanized Pewter" (DB1852)
  • 11/0 Delica beads "Opaque Glazed Luster Teal" (DB264)
  • 11/0 Delica beads "Galvanized Tarnished Copper" (DB461)

RIGHT EARRING:

  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • 11/0 Delica beads "Duracoat Galvanized Pewter" (DB1852)
  • 11/0 Delica beads "Opaque Glazed Luster Teal" (DB264)
  • 11/0 Delica beads "Matte Copper Plated" (DB340)

I want to make some earrings to go with the bracelet below which I blogged about HERE. I don't have any other kinds of beads in the dark copper color of the 2-hole cabochons in the bracelet except for some Delica beads.




First I made the earring on the right which has a much lighter shade of copper Delicas. The color doesn't look too bad in my photos but in real life there is not enough contrast between the turquoise and the matte copper beads. They look kind of dull and washed out. You can see it best in the photo with the earrings in my hand.

So next I made another sample earring with a darker copper color which I like better. I still haven't decided for sure if I will make these earrings to go with the bracelet because I think they're a little too delicate compared to the somewhat chunky beads in the bracelet. In case I decide to make some other kind of earrings, I thought I'd take some photos and show you my samples before I take them apart.

For more information about how I make my "Russian Leaf Earrings", read THIS post.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment