Thursday, July 19, 2018

Corundum & Demoiselle Set - Arctic Blue & Bronze


CORUNDUM EARRINGS
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • SuperDuo beads "Satin Metallic Arctic Blue"
  • SuperDuo beads "Lustre Gold"


Read my post about this "Demoiselle Bracelet" HERE. In case you're wondering why I've been blogging about so many pairs of "Corundum Earrings", it's because they go very well with this bracelet as well as my "Claudia" bracelet and they're quick to make. I finished making my birthday projects and I'm finally getting around to making earrings to go with a lot  of the bracelets that I have made for myself.


You can buy Kelly's "Corundum Earrings" pattern HERE in her Etsy shop or watch her YouTube tutorial HERE. Sam Wescott's "Demoiselle Bracelet" pattern is for sale HERE on Etsy.
 
I have another project that I need to work on. It's for my cashier friend at the Kroger store where I shop. Her beaded eyeglasses chain broke and she asked me to see if I can fix it. I'm hoping to repair the damaged part without having to remake the entire chain. It appears to have been made using a variation of "Potawatomi Stitch" but I'm thinking that I might just use Right Angle Weave to restore the little flowers between the two sections of the chain once I've determined if I've got all of the missing beads. Below you can see what I'm talking about:




Here is a closeup of the beadwork:






 

2 comments:

  1. It kind of looks like a daisy stitch was used to make the eye glass holder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure that it's a variation of Potawatomi stitch where the color arrangement makes it look like daisies.

      Delete