Sunday, July 1, 2018

Cupola Bracelet & Button Earrings Set - Pistachio


CUPOLA BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 12 x 12mm Pyramid Hex 2-hole beads "White Pistachio"
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Opaque Green Luster"
  • 3mm druks "Opaque Green Luster"

Sorry for not posting anything lately. I've been busy and I've also been working on some birthday present beadwork that I've already blogged about before. I took a break from my other projects on Friday and Saturday to make this bracelet for myself that I've been meaning to make for a very long time.

Today's bracelet and earrings were both made with patterns from Deborah Roberti and the bracelet pattern is one of her free ones. I bought the Pyramid Hex beads quite a long time ago with this pattern in mind. They are sold individually so I had to guess at how many to buy for my wrist size. Since the pattern calls for six, I figured that five should be plenty. Six would have made the bracelet too long but it did come out a little snug even with two jump rings on each end. If it starts to bother me while wearing it, I will remake it and somehow extend the clasp loops a smidge.


You can buy these Hex beads HERE at Red Panda. Deb's "Cupola Bracelet" pattern can be downloaded HERE at Around the Beading Table.


BUTTON EARRINGS
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 3mm druks "Opaque Green Luster"

After looking through all of my earring patterns for some that would go well with the bracelet, I settled on Deb's "Button Earrings" because they could be made with the same 4mm druks that I had used to make the bracelet. I made them as directed except that I added an 8/0 seed bead at the top to attach a jump ring and I also added a druk in the center. They looked a little plain without it because I didn't use a contrasting seed bead color like the patterns shows.


You can buy Deb's "Button Earrings" pattern HERE.





 

2 comments:

  1. The bracelet is beautiful, Linda! Do the pyramid beads make it feel bulky or heavy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy. It does have a little weight to it but it's not uncomfortable to wear, at least not with five of them. I have some bracelets with 7mm 2-hole cabochons that feel heavier to me.

      Delete