Thursday, February 22, 2018

Playing with my beads...Nunzia's Cute & Easy Bracelet Video


I wanted to try Nunzia Scalpore's recent "Cute & Easy Bracelet" tutorial but decided that, rather than spend the whole afternoon making one bracelet, I would make single motifs as earrings. That way I could try a bunch of different colorways and then choose my favorites to make as bracelets and/or earrings later. I also made two samples of the same color motif and connected them with a jump ring to see how well I would like a bracelet made using that method. Here is that little sample:


  • 15/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Bronze Antique Gold" (225)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Bronze Antique Gold" (225)
  • SuperDuo beads "Metallic Suede"
  • SuperDuo beads "Blue Turquoise Bronze Picasso"

You can watch Nunzia's video on YouTube HERE. Although her videos are in Italian, they are pretty easy to follow and the video quality is very good.

I really like the bracelet motifs as earrings. They have a nice shape and Nunzia has added a pretty little detail between the center SuperDuos. The 15/0 seed bead picots sit on top of the outer row of SuperDuos. The motif is also puffed up in the center which gives it dimension. Nunzia makes her bracelets with just one SuperDuo color but I really like how the earrings look with two colors so that's what I used in all of my examples.

Below are some sample colorways. I actually made four more colorways but I will blog about them later. They were my favorites so I made complete pairs of earrings and also made matching bracelets to go with some of them.


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • SuperDuo beads "Chocolate Bronze"
  • SuperDuo beads "Chalk Blue Picasso Luster"


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • SuperDuo beads "Pastel Light Cream"
  • SuperDuo beads "Halo Persian Pink"


  • 15/0 seed beads Toho "Bright Bronze" (221)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Bright Bronze" (221)
  • SuperDuo beads "Pearl Coat Cream"
  • SuperDuo beads "Gold Shine Ochre aka Gold Shine Amber"


  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki/Czech "Full Labrador" (27000)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki/Czech "Full Labrador" (27000)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki/Czech "Full Labrador" (27000)
  • SuperDuo beads "Full Labrador"
  • SuperDuo beads "Matte Milky Seafoam"

This last colorway was actually one of my favorites but I tried something different with this sample motif. I will blog about the pair of earrings that I made another day.

I got these delicate pale aqua SuperDuos HERE at Supply Emporium and I love how they look with the bright silver. I added some extra seed beads on the sides of the motif and they give the earring a diamond shape. I like that look but I prefer the rounder shape so I made my final pair as directed by the tutorial. By the way, you will also need some 11/0 seed beads if you make Nunzia's bracelet. They are used to connect the motifs and to make the clasp loops. On this sample earring, I used 11/0s to make the top loop. For the rest of my samples and earrings, I omitted the loops because I like the simpler look but it's nice to have options for variations.

1 comment:

  1. A lovely design. Thanks for sharing your review and colorways. The chocolate and blue picasso sample is just stunning. I must give this one a try.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete