Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Bracelet of the Day: Claudia - Turquoise & Gold


CLAUDIA CALI BEAD CHAIN
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • Cali beads "Blue Turquoise Picasso"
  • Smooth SuperDuo beads "Matte Gold"

I thought I'd give this pattern a try using the smooth kind of SuperDuo beads. Claudia usually calls for four SuperDuos on each side of the motif but I had to reduce it to three per side with these fatter beads. While I like the overall look of this bracelet, I don't think that the beads fit together as nicely as they do with regular SuperDuos. I also got an odd effect where every other motif either pops up or is slightly concave and I can't force them to all go the same way. I thought about flattening the bracelet under something heavy but decided that it wasn't noticeable enough while wearing it to bother.


Download my free "Claudia Cali Bead Chain" pattern HERE. You'll find a nice assortment of Cali beads at Queen City Bead on Etsy HERE. Supply Emporium also has them in a few colors HERE as does Red Panda HERE.



 

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely work! I love the natural colours and the green tones are perfect for Spring :-)

    Stephanie Jane @ Artisan Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you make this bracelet with diamondduos in place of the Cali beads?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, this pattern won't work with DiamonDuos because they only have two holes vs the three holes in the Cali beads. However, there is a YouTube video HERE for making a very similar bracelet with DiamonDuos.

      Delete