Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Madrigal Bracelet - Aztec Gold & Jet


MADRIGAL BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • Paisley Duo beads "Bronze Pale Gold"
  • 3mm druks "Jet Bronze Picasso"


First, I've got some great news. We finally got our air conditioning fixed! We had repairmen here three times last summer and none of them could find the problem. While doing some baking a week or so ago, I got fed up with the heat in the kitchen so I contacted the landlord again because I couldn't take it anymore. This time the repairman was able to find the source of the problem. There was an 80% blockage in the main duct that goes to the living room and kitchen. He removed the blockage and all is well again.

Since then I have tried three new bracelet patterns and this is the first one that I've made into a complete bracelet. The other two bracelet samples that I made feature Ginko beads.

The "Madrigal Bracelet" pattern is by Deb Roberti and you can buy it HERE at Around the Beading Table or HERE on Etsy. Unfortunately I only had enough Paisley Duos in this one color and even then I just barely had enough to make this bracelet fit me. It took 36 of them to fit my 6-inch wrist and I only have five beads left over so I couldn't make matching earrings. At least this is a pretty versatile colorway.

I would love to make one of these bracelets with ZoliDuos but I don't really want to buy any and have to deal with the right/left bead issue as well as the possibility of getting dye lots that don't match. I do have enough ZoliDuos in one color but my left beads look very different than my right beads which is a real drag.




14 comments:

  1. I did this bracelet, too, but I used the black with gold splash paisley duos. Fun to do and oh so pretty! Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terri. I'm just about to start on one with ZoliDuos. Hopefully the right and left beads won't look too different.

      Delete
  2. YAAAAAAYYYYY for air conditioning! I can no longer tolerate heat so I really understood your need to take a break, and I'm happy you're more comfortable and will be posting again.

    Barbara H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara. The air conditioning really makes a big difference. I just finished making the ZoliDuo Madrigal bracelet that I mentioned in the previous comment. Hopefully I will be able to take photos of it soon. It's too cloudy today for taking photos.

      Wow! I just realized that it only took me about an hour to make the bracelet.

      Delete
  3. Great that they could fix it! Will make for a much easier summer...
    And glad you´re back as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back! Great that the a.c. got fixed at last.
    Would size 8 Toho seed beads work instead of 3mm druks in this pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret. I wondered about that myself but didn't think to try it. The pattern says that you can also use any 3mm beads so I assume that fire polished beads and bicones would also work.

      Delete
  5. I am pretty sure I don't have enough PaisleyDuos in any one color to try this, but I think it could work if you used multiple colors in each motif, or alternated between colors.

    Glad you got your AC back. I live in Georgia and it is so hot today I got sweaty just going from the car into the supermarket. Can't imagine how unpleasant my house would be without AC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would be interesting to see how it looks with more than one color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it seems the A/C fix will help your electric bill too, more money for beads! that's a win-win! I can only imagine the relief you feel, it took long enough to figure out, huh?
    I love those PaisleyDuos, Zoliduos are too much work, in my opinion! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think it would help with the electric bill but I have a feeling that won't be the case. Because it worked so poorly, we rarely turned it on and relied on fans. Now I tend to leave the A/C on and let the thermostat cycle it on and off throughout the day (we always turn it off at night). I suspect that it runs more times per day than before. I'll find out when the next electric bill comes.

      Delete
  8. Linda. I am new to beading but love your patterns and color way. Is it possible for you to show how to circle a bead with one needle vs 2?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you explain what you mean by circling a bead? None of my patterns use two needles.

      Delete