Friday, July 5, 2019

Madrigal Bracelet - Lila Vega & Blue Luster


MADRIGAL BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Nickel Plated" (711)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Nickel Plated" (711)
  • ZoliDuo beads "Alabaster Lila Vega Luster"
  • 3mm druks "Blue Luster"


I decided to go ahead and make a bracelet with these purple ZoliDuos even though the dye lots are a bit of a mess. Because ZoliDuos are smaller than Paisley Duos, I added one more motif this time. However, that actually made my bracelet a little too long for me so I think I will remake it without the extra motif and add jump rings and/or a slightly longer clasp to make it fit.

I also used Toho seed beads this time and they work just fine with this pattern. I just had to be careful whenever I added the center beads to each point because Toho beads are finicky when it comes to fitting between two seed beads in that way. That's due to them having straighter sides than Miyuki seed beads which are more rounded.

Sometimes it can be bothersome working with ZoliDuos because of them having a top and bottom as well as right and left beads. That's not the case with this pattern. As long as I picked up the beads right side up each time, they ended up facing the right way.


The "Madrigal Bracelet" pattern is by Deb Roberti and you can buy it HERE at Around the Beading Table or HERE on Etsy.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment