Sunday, June 26, 2016

Bracelet of the Day: Starflower - Chalk Lumi Green



STARFLOWER BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • DiamonDuo beads "Chalk Lumi Green"
  • 3mm fire polished beads "Bronze"
  • 3mm druks "Opaque Gold & Smoky Topaz Luster"

I made this with Deborah Roberti's new bracelet pattern, "Starflower". I wasn't sure at first if I'd like wearing such a wide bracelet. I loved the motif so much though that I made one into an earring, which you can see below. In the end, I decided to go ahead and make the bracelet and I don't mind the width of it at all.


The Chalk Lumi Green DiamonDuos are very close to my favorite Chalk Lazure Blue so how could I not love it? The bronze fire polished beads give the bracelet a bit of sparkle. The druks that I used came from a batch of that color that have a lot more purple in them than usual and they give the bracelet a subtle pop of color.





This is a very fun pattern to make and it works up quickly. It does use a lot of 11/0 seed beads and thread. I took Deb's advice and measured out 4 foot lengths of thread to make each motif. This was plenty of thread with a little left over but I'd rather have a bit too much thread then run short. I used the alternate way of connecting the motifs because I was worried that the bracelet might come out too long for me with more beads between them. I did end up using the longer clasp loops though because it seemed like it might be a little snug with the shorter loops.

You can buy Deb's pattern at Around the Beading Table HERE.



 

3 comments:

  1. Loving what you've done for this bracelet - I do struggle a bit with length on bracelets particularly with motif styles where there sometimes isn't much opportunity to change the length. X number of motifs comes up a bit short whereas adding one more makes it far too long but I guess that's part of the process of making your own jewellery where we must work out ways around problems. All good fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For that very reason, Deb gives alternatives for the connections between the motifs as well as for the loops for the clasp. The bracelet above fits a 6-inch wrist size and has 5 motifs.

      Delete
  2. I love Deb's designs and this one is so nice. I want to make my aunt a patriotic bracelet with this pattern. Red white gold and blue. It will be so nice.

    ReplyDelete