Monday, June 20, 2016

Bracelet of the Day: Flutter - Aqua & Gold


FLUTTER BRACELET
  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • SuperDuo beads "Metallic Suede Gold"
  • 4mm bicones "Aqua-Tan" (Cousin brand - #34741056)
  • 4mm bicones "Brown Medium AB - #C26 AB" (Beads One - not available online)
  • 4mm druks "Metallic Suede Gold"


Today's bracelet is another "Flutter" bracelet made using some of the tweaks that I saw on the Neisz Piros gyöngyei blog. Read Saturday's post, HERE, for more information about the tweaks.

Note that the Suede Gold SuperDuos that I used are from a very light dye lot. I bought them when they first came out with the "suede" finish on beads. The Suede Gold beads that I've seen lately are a much darker olive green color and look more metallic. The original "suede" beads had a powdery matte look to the finish that wasn't quite as metallic-looking. What I'm getting at is that I don't know if you'll be able to find this lighter color anymore and I think that the new darker ones probably won't work as a substitute with the other colors that I used in this bracelet. Maybe I'm wrong about them changing the color though because the druks that I used are the same lighter color.

The golden yellow bicones that I used are Chinese ones from a local shop. They call them brown but they're really a golden yellow color. Swarovski's "Crystal Metallic Sunshine" looks like it might be about the same color.

I bought the aqua-tan bicones at Walmart quite some time ago and they no longer sell them. After some extensive searching online the other day, I managed to track down a website that sells the same ones that Walmart used to carry as well as two other colors that are very similar and equally gorgeous. I ordered all three colors a few days ago. They arrived on Saturday and they're all beautiful. The only thing is that the photos online aren't very accurate. I've edited the photos below to show you how all three colors look in real life. Below each photo is a link to the page where you can order them from the Prima Bead site.

(the ones above are closest to the color of the ones in my bracelet)

The "Flutter Bracelet" pattern is from Around the Beading Table and you can buy it HERE.



 

3 comments:

  1. You certainly work out some lovely colour combinations. Just had to download the pattern and am about to search my stash for suitable beads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful colours and I like the pattern. Your colour combo always look so rich for the lack of a better word.Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow very colorful and beautiful beads work.

    ReplyDelete