Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Playing with my beads...Circular Brick Stitch


Just a quick post to show you the new stitch I learned today called Circular Brick Stitch. I learned by watching THIS video by Beadaholique. My sample is a little wonky because my pearl wasn't perfectly round. It's not bad though for a first attempt.

I'm not sure yet what I'll do with the technique but I'm sure it will be handy to know at some point. This is the stitch that Miguel Ases uses for most of his earring designs. If you're not familiar with his work, just Google his name and you'll see lots of examples.

 

4 comments:

  1. I've been a fan of Miguel Ases' work before I'd ever heard of him! I even have a Pinterest board of my favorite Miguel Ases earrings. He does wonderful things with brick stitch. I've been experimenting with the technique lately, also. Fusionbeads.com's illustrated tutorials have been quite helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. I'll check out the tutorials.

      Delete
  2. Here's a pattern that would be very Miguel Ases if colored thread had been used:
    http://www.fusionbeads.com/Calliope-Earrings

    I might give it a try.

    ReplyDelete