Sunday, June 8, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: Coin Bands - Capri Blue

COIN BANDS
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Bronze" (TR-11-221/c)
  • CzechMates "Capri Blue Gold Marbled"
This was going to be a birthday present for a friend but I wasn't wild about it once it was finished. Instead I came up with a tweak for another pattern by Deborah Roberti which I will post as my next Bracelet of the Day. I've been waiting to post these until after her birthday, which was yesterday. I'm not sure why this one didn't appeal to me but I think it might be the color of the seed beads against the blue CzechMates beads. I did use bronze seed beads for the final bracelet but not quite the same color.

This is the Coin Bands pattern without any changes except for the way that I attached the clasp. You can buy Deb's pattern HERE.


 

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. What bothered you? the transparency of the checkmates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that was part of it but I also didn't care for the color of the seed beads with the blue CzechMates. Read THIS post to see what I ended up making for my friend, if you haven't already.

      Delete