Thursday, June 12, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: Duo Bobble Band - Lavender & Silver

DUO BOBBLE BAND (LIZBETH BAND)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Light Pewter" (4221)
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Violet White Luster"
  • 4mm rondelles "Vitral Purple" (Chinese)


 This bracelet and earring set was another gift for my friend's birthday. I used my favorite "Duo Bobble Band" pattern for her bracelet and the earrings were something that I came up with based on some photos that I saw on Pinterest. The problem with Pinterest is that sometimes it's impossible to track down where something originated because it's been re-pinned so many times. I have no idea where these came from or if there's a pattern available but it was simple enough to turn the bracelet motif into earrings. These are the photos that I found on Pinterest:


I'm pretty sure that they were both from the same site. Please post in the comments if you know where they came from. I really liked the colors they used so I used beads that I had on hand to come up with a similar color scheme. I call these my "Lucy Earrings":



LUCY EARRINGS
  • 15/0 seed beads "Grayish Purple Hematite" (no info available)
  • SuperDuo beads "Pearl Luster" (Nirvana)
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Violet White Luster"
  • 4mm bicones "Purple AB" (Chinese)


 UPDATE 1/24/18: A free bracelet pattern is now available and the new name for this pattern is "Lizbeth Band". Visit THIS post to download the free pattern.
 

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like these but with just one tier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xyxGnXEJvU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do. Thanks for the link. I like the double ones too and I don't think I've seen that video before.

      Delete
  3. The pics you asked about are from The Bead Shop Nottingham: http://www.mailorder-beads.co.uk/shop/twin-bead-swarovski-collar-thu-10-10-2013-2pm-5pm.html#axzz35HOEqQOW There are many who have done similar things (me included), but that's the place where you can find the photos you found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link, Maneki. I never would have found them there. I see that they use Twin beads rather than SuperDuos. I've got some Twin beads that I've never used so maybe I'll try them out with this pattern.

      Delete
  4. Just tried the link to the original post and it comes up with any error message. I love your work and really appreciate the time you put into your work. You have taught me so much that I catch myself making some of changes you use. Thank you and God bless. Tammy Percy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will remove the link. I searched through all of their projects and I don't see them there anywhere.

      Delete
  5. Can I buy any of your finished items???

    ReplyDelete