Friday, July 27, 2018

Update on the eyeglasses chain repair

I mentioned in THIS post last week that a friend asked me if I would try to repair her beaded eyeglasses chain. I finally had a chance to take a close look at it yesterday to see what I would need to do. It turned out that fourteen beads were missing but that actually made the job a little easier. Instead of having to re-weave several little daisies, I only had to remove the broken thread and straggler beads and restore a couple of daisies to keep the same color sequence. Once that was done, I wove all the way through the entire chain, as well as the loops on the ends, with FireLine to reinforce the whole thing. It's a good thing that I did this because I ran into several spots along the chain that probably would have come apart soon.

Below is my original photo that shows the broken part of the chain:



  1. i wondered about that chain and it looks like you did a cracking job on it. she must have been thrilled. T x

    1. I gave it to her a few days ago and she was all excited. She wanted to pay me for it but I said that wasn't necessary but I did get a hug.