- 11/0 Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
- 8/0 Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
- 11/0 Toho "Hybrid Antiqued Metallic Black" aka "Hybrid Jet Bronze Picasso" (Y503 or Y506) *
- Rulla beads "Aztec Gold"
- 4mm fire polished beads "Granite Galaxy Gold" aka "Tweedy Gold"
* This color is very difficult to find. Although there are two different color names and numbers, they were identical. I found an Etsy shop that still has some Y503 in stock HERE. I also found a Czech site that has them HERE and Beyond Beading has them HERE. Simply Beads has the Y506 ones HERE.
This pattern was designed by Iulia Postica and you can buy it HERE on Etsy. Her two example bracelets are really pretty in the colors that she used so I decided to give the pattern a try. After making several samples in various colors I only found one combination of beads from my stash that I liked and it's the one that you see here. I like the contrast between the black and the bright gold.
Although the tutorial is easy to follow, and has clear step-by-step photo illustrations, I could not get my scallops to come out rounded like the ones in Iulia's photo. I tried both Toho and Miyuki seed beads and had no luck with either brand. In the end, I just wove around through the netting three times to get it as neat as possible and I think it looks fine. Here is Iulia's photo for comparison:
While you're at Iulia's Etsy shop, check out her newest bracelet pattern, "Diamond Band" HERE. It's made with Kheops beads and 2-hole cabochons and it's very cute.