Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Odds & Ends - Earrings #233 Samples


As you can see, I'm trying out a new photo background today. I had a small amount of money left on a Hobby Lobby gift card which was enough to buy a couple of sheets of scrapbook paper. This one caught my eye and I really like the colors on it. It obviously won't replace my standard background paper because it is a little bit dark and busy but I thought it was just the thing for these sample earrings. Below you can see them on my old background for comparison. The greenish beads in the center earring are a little washed out but the other colors came out quite true to life. I also think that the beads pop a bit more than in the other photo but that may be due to the lighting at the time I took the photos rather than the background paper.

I followed THIS "Earrings #233" YouTube video tutorial by Lor and Beads. I had high hopes for these earrings because they are unique and cute but they come out a little too wonky for my liking. I had pretty good luck with the earring on the far right in the photo but the other two are a bit of a mess. I've decided not to bother making more of them. Do check out her other videos. She has some others that I will be blogging about in the future.

As you will see when you look over my bead lists below, I tried both Toho and Miyuki seed beads. The sample that came out nice has Miyuki beads but I had just as much trouble with Miyuki as with Toho in the other two samples so the brand of beads isn't the issue here.

SAMPLE 1
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Bronze Antique Gold" (225)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Bronze Antique Gold" (225)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Denim Blue Metallic Matte" (511F)

SAMPLE 2
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Union Opaque Blue Luster" (65431P)

SAMPLE 3
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Matte Metallic Bronze" (2006)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Matte Metallic Bronze" (2006)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Hybrid Opaque Turquoise Blue Picasso" (4514)



2 comments: