Monday, February 10, 2020

Video Tutorial - Beaded Earrings with Swarovski Crystals


BEADED EARRINGS WITH SWAROVSKI CRYSTALS
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 3mm Czech pearls "Old Lace"
  • 4mm Czech bicones "Crystal Violet Luster"

I'd been meaning to try this pattern by Svetlana McDaniel for a very long time and finally got around to it last week. I recently bought a Roku so that I can watch YouTube video tutorials on our big TV while sitting on the couch with my beading supplies instead of at my computer. Svetlana's video is easy to follow even though it's in Russian because she has added captions in English for each step. I only messed up on my sample earring near the end where she adds the embellishment along the bottom edge. My earring turned out fine so I didn't bother going back and fixing it. The earrings are a little too fancy for my needs so I probably won't make the other earring.

You can watch the video HERE. She also has a free tutorial with diagrams HERE on her blog or you can buy the PDF version HERE in her Etsy shop.



 

4 comments:

  1. Wow what a unique pattern, never seen anything like it before. You made a lovely version of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your bottom edging, it look lighter, not so 'crystal heavy' as original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do have as many crystals as the original but mine aren't as obvious because they are a darker color.

      Delete