Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Bracelet of the Day: Bobble Bangle - Mauve & Pewter


BOBBLE BANGLE
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Pewter" (D4222)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Pewter" (D4222)
  • 5mm rondelles "Mauve and Silver" (from China)


Teejay sent me these pretty rondelles a while back and I thought they'd work great with Deb Roberti's "Bobble Bangles" pattern. One of the nice things about that pattern is that it seems to adjust itself to fit whatever large beads you're using, within reason of course. When I started making this bracelet, I assumed that these rondelles were 4mm (3x4mm). It wasn't until I later tried making a pair of Nunzia's "Easy Earrings" to go with it that I realized that they're a bit larger than 4mm. They actually measure 4x5mm so they are too big for the earring pattern and the sample earring warped badly. That's OK though because I've got plenty of store bought pewter and silver earrings that I can wear with this bracelet.

I have no actual color information for the rondelles. I only know that they're Chinese. The main color is a sort of frosted translucent pale mauve and they're highlighted with bits of silver for sparkle.

At first I thought I would use shiny metallic Toho "Antique Silver" (#711) seed beads but they were so shiny that they detracted from the delicate mauve color of the rondelles. I think that the duller pewter seed beads are perfect. They accent the rondelles but still give the appearance of metallic silver. I think that the bracelet looks more "vintage" with the pewter beads.

You can buy Deborah Roberti's pattern at Around the Beading Table, HERE.





No comments:

Post a Comment