DANA'S GYPSY EARRINGS
- 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Pewter" (D4222)
- 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Pewter" (D4222)
- 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Pewter" (D4222)
- 8/0 seed beads Toho "Silver Lined Milky Nutmeg" (2114)
- 6mm druks "Polychrome Orchid Aqua"
- SuperDuo beads "Antique Silver"
- 4mm fire polished beads "Antique Silver"
When I saw these beautiful earrings in an Etsy shop, HERE, I just had to try making some. It was pretty easy to figure out how to make them by looking at the photos. The colors that I used in these earrings are actually the very first combination of beads that I tried with this pattern and it's probably my favorite. I've since made nine other samples in various colors and I will blog about them in the next day or two. You can see one of the other earring colors on the model below. I chose this particular purple/mauve color scheme to go with a "Bobble Bangle" bracelet that I blogged about HERE. You can see the earrings and bracelet together below.
I found the "Antique Silver" SuperDuos and fire polished beads in the BeadsParade Etsy shop last week and this has quickly become a favorite bead color. It goes very well with pewter seed beads and gives the beadwork a tarnished antique appearance. Nelly Lopez has very good prices, especially on SuperDuos. She also has quite a few unusual colors in SuperDuos and fire polished beads that I hadn't seen before.