Friday, August 7, 2015

Bracelet of the Day: Lattice Gates Variation - Seafoam & Clay


LATTICE GATES BRACELET VARIATION
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Hybrid Oxidized Bronze Clay" (Y864)
  • Silky beads "Sea Foam Green" (table cut)
  • SuperDuo beads "Matte Ultra Green Luster"

I blogged about my adaptation of Norma Jean Dell's "Lattice Gates Bracelet" pattern twice before HERE and HERE. This time I used very subtle but dreamy colors. I thought this pattern would be a good way to use some of the amazing hybrid seed beads that I bought recently. They have a slightly metallic look and I wanted to use them in a pattern where I could use some metallic bronze seed beads as well.

I found the "Oxidized Bronze Clay" 11/0 seed beads at Simply Beads, HERE, and I haven't seen them for sale anywhere else.  Simply Beads has the best selection of hybrid seed beads that I've seen anywhere but be aware that a lot of colors are often out of stock.

The seed beads go very well with the "Sea Foam Green" Silky beads that I bought from GC Supplies Texas on Etsy HERE. These are the light sea foam Silkies. Marcia also has dark sea foam Silkies HERE. Those are also a pretty color but would be too dark to go with the colors in this bracelet.

 
You can buy Norma Jean Dell's original bracelet tutorial HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment