Saturday, August 1, 2015

Bracelet of the Day: Crystal Tile Bracelet - Capri Gold


CRYSTAL TILE BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Transparent Montana Gold Luster" (204)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Transparent Montana Gold Luster" (204)
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Matte Apollo Gold"
  • 4mm Czech Preciosa bicones "Capri Gold"

A few days ago I received some beautiful Czech "Capri Gold" bicones from Aura Crystals. It seems like I've been buying beads in that color (or Apollo Gold) quite a lot lately in nearly every type of beads. This color is also sometimes called "Apollo Gold". I have this color in bicones, fire polished beads, druks, SuperDuo beads, round crystals and probably a few others that I can't think of off hand. I really love the matte fire polished beads in this color and Deb Roberti's "Crystal Tile Bracelet" was the perfect pattern to use because it combines 4mm fire polished beads and 4mm bicones. I used the matte beads for the flowers and accented the corners of the "tiles" with sparkly bicones. Of course I needed to make some earrings to go with my bracelet and another one of Deb's patterns was ideal because it has a flower design similar to the bracelet and it has bicones on the edges.

You can buy the bracelet pattern HERE at Around the Beading Table.


BAROQUE EARRINGS
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Transparent Montana Gold Luster" (204)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Transparent Montana Gold Luster" (204)
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Matte Apollo Gold"
  • 4mm Czech Preciosa bicones "Capri Gold"

The earring pattern is available HERE as part of a bracelet and earrings set.





6 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful set.It is gorgeous.I love fire polished beads. I got my mini duos in the mail on Friday and I hate to say it.....I am not impressed at all. That's all I will say....HAAAaaaaaa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it the colors that you're not impressed with or the size? At this point I'm not sure if I'll invest in a lot of them unless I start seeing more good patterns to make with them.

      Delete
  2. I like the colours..dark bronze....transparent bronze...just too small and fragile.They remind me of peanut or farfalle...just a little disappointed but maybe I will grow to like them with the right pattern or maybe they will come out with a new bead and we will all forget about them.....HA HA.. I hope you have a good sense of humour because all my comments are always on the light side.I have learned to laugh and not take most things too serious. Cancer will do that to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't often jump on the bandwagon to try the latest beads that come along. I like certain shapes and tend to stick with them. I do love the regular SuperDuos, because they're so versatile, so I suspect that I'll eventually fine ways to work in the baby ones.

      Delete
  3. Lovely colors, they look really good together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i Love the minis but i like 15's and all the tiny beads
    i also love the silkies but i adore the half tilas but cant work them into a pattern. I love love 8's when worked as a focal bead but my fave bead is the druk... just thought i would yell that out ... I LOVE DRUKS... T x

    ReplyDelete