Thursday, June 3, 2021

Video Tutorial - Chandelier Earrings


CHANDELIER EARRINGS
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 3x4mm rondelles "Aqua Gold" (#B26) - no longer available



I followed THIS video tutorial by Sonysree Creations to make these "Chandelier Earrings". It's pretty obvious why she calls them that. They are so ornate and pretty that I couldn't resist giving them a try. The only thing that I changed from the original tutorial is where I added an 8/0 seed bead at the top instead of the loop that she adds to her earrings.

I made the large sample earring below while following the video for the first time and then later decided to use slightly different beads for the final pair above because I had exactly enough of these rondelles to make two earrings. Note that although all of the rondelles that I used have the same color name, they are all from different dye lots. I bought them at a local bead shop that is no longer in business.

The smaller sample earring was an experiment to see if the pattern would work with smaller beads. As you can see, it works quite well. I made several mistakes on that earring because the light wasn't good that day and my eyesight isn't so great anymore. Some day I will give that size another go.

I have made these earrings in six more colorways which I will blog about soon. All of the Chinese rondelles that I used came from the same bead shop. I haven't looked but you should be able to find Chinese rondelles for sale online. eBay and Etsy would be good places to look for them.



  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 3x4mm rondelles "Aqua Gold" (#B26) - no longer available

  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Light Bronze" (457L)
  • 2x3mm rondelles "Aqua Gold" (#B26) - no longer available


Save

12 comments:

  1. I love how you've done the 2 different sizes. My personal favorite is the smaller one - but only because I like wearing smaller dangles. I'm going to have to try these. Thanks so much for posting all the different earrings. I love seeing them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Yes, the small earring is a very nice size.

      Delete
  2. Sooo beautiful. I like the 8/0 at the top. How do you get the jumpring to go through the 8/0? Mine never fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've never had a problem getting the jump rings through the 8/0 beads. I don't know the gauge but I buy thin jump rings.

      Delete
  3. Does Fireline work for making up these earrings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see why it wouldn't. I don't often use Fireline because it's expensive and it's a pain to take apart samples that have been made with it. I save my Fireline for beading projects that I will give as gifts and that sort of thing.

      Delete
  4. I'm unable to open this tutorial. Help please. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked the link and the video is working for me.

      Delete
  5. Quiero hacerlos están hermosos pero no me sale el video

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No entiendo. El video me funciona bien. Lo acabo de ver.

      Delete
  6. Hola yo no encuentro el video solo las fotos

    ReplyDelete