Friday, March 13, 2020

Chain Link Bracelet & Janet Earrings

CHAIN LINK BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • SuperDuo beads "Turquoise Copper Picasso"


The very day that I sat down to make these earrings, in preparation for making a pattern for them, the video for this bracelet was posted on YouTube by Jigisha Patel of JRPDesigns. It was just the thing to go with these earrings. You can watch her video HERE. There is a link below the video to buy this pattern in her Etsy shop but I don't see the pattern there. In any case, it's super easy to make by following the video. The tutorial doesn't call for any 8/0 seed beads but I used one on each end to attach my clasp. JP makes a seed bead loop with 11/0 beads in the video.


I made my bracelet the same size as JP's with nine motifs. It fits my 6-inch wrist and measures 6 1/2 inches long with the clasp and jump rings. Hers is actually slightly longer because of the loops she makes.



JANET EARRINGS
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Pewter" (4222)
  • CzechMates tile beads "Turquoise Copper Picasso"
  • SuperDuo beads "Turquoise Copper Picasso"

These "Janet" earrings are my adaptation of Deb Roberti's "Coin Earrings" with SuperDuos added. I had completely forgotten that I had planned to make a pattern for my version until someone recently brought it to my attention. I have the instructions typed up but I still need to create the diagrams.

I first blogged about my variation HERE back in 2015. You can buy Deb's original pattern HERE.





No comments:

Post a Comment