Monday, August 20, 2018

Buttercup Bracelet - Orchid Aqua & Hematite


BUTTERCUP BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Hematite" (81)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Hematite" (81)
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Violet White Luster"
  • 4mm druks "Hematite"
  • 8mm druks "Polychrome Orchid Aqua"

Here is the "Buttercup Bracelet" in one more colorway. This one will be a Christmas present so I added another motif on each side to make it fit someone with a 7 5/8" wrist. Yes, it's the time of year to start on my Christmas beading. The motifs are a little puffy looking on this one and I think it's because of the luster finish on the beads. I'm pretty sure that's also why the bracelet has a softer slinky feel than some of the others that I've made.


With four motifs on each side (plus the central motif) this bracelet measures 8 1/4 inches long, including the jump rings and clasp. It will fit a wrist size of 7 5/8 to 8 inches. It will be somewhat snug on an 8-inch wrist and quite loose on a 7 1/4 to 7 1/2 inch wrist. The three motif per side version fits a 6 to 6 1/4 inch wrist quite nicely. For a 6 1/2" to 7" wrist size you'll have to make extra long clasp loops and/or add some extra jump rings to your clasp.

This pattern is by Teresa Morse and you can buy the pattern HERE in her Etsy shop. Read my original post about this pattern HERE for more information.



 

2 comments:

  1. I have a 5.25 inch wrist and it's great because I can use fewer beads and I finish bracelets faster. I think I would just start this pattern from the center (I can usually figure things like that out) and add one motif to each side until I was basically where I wanted. Something for a 6 inch wrist might be too big?

    I wonder if the 8mm Preciosa Candy beads would lie flatter and change the length you need (I find bulkier bracelets need to be longer to fit). You'd have to change the thread path a little but I see some possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a pretty tiny wrist but when I was a bit thinner, I had a 5.5 inch wrist which is pretty close to your size. The motifs in this bracelet are pretty big so I doubt if you'd be able to remove two of them. Your best bet would be to use a short clasp with only one jump ring on each end.

      I have tried making this pattern with 2-hole beads and they don't work properly due to the thread path. I was disappointed because I have so many of them and I like that the bracelet would be flat on the back.

      Delete