Sunday, April 27, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: Double Diamond - Copper & Teal

DOUBLE DIAMOND BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Cousin "Copper" (Walmart)
  • 8/0 seed beads "Matte Teal" (F259A - unknown brand)

This was one of my earliest bracelets. I know that because it's made with some of the seed beads from Walmart. Although the tube says they're 11/0 seed beads, they're really a bit larger. I like the larger size for this bracelet. True 11/0 seed beads are a little too delicate.

I noticed something odd about the 8/0 seed beads that I used. They pretty much look like solid teal but they used to be variegated colors. I wonder if the color has worn off. On the other hand, maybe I purposely picked out the teal beads when I made the bracelet but I don't recall doing that. I also see that some of the stitching is coming loose near the clasps. I really like this bracelet so I will take it apart and remake it some day. I'll just make a point of using very fine needle and thread because the Cousins Chinese seed beads have very small holes compared to Japanese beads. At least I won't have to cull the copper beads. I'll just re-use the same ones.

The pattern is free and you can find it at Beading Daily HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment